Are you a new college or university grad facing the daunting reality of your first big job search? We've got just the thing to lift your spirits! It's the Graduation 2010: Now What? video contest, and we're giving away hundreds of dollars in prize money.
Create a short video that answers one of three job search-related questions, upload it to our YouTube page before June 30, 2010, and you'll be entered to win!
First place wins $500, along with a matching donation to the career services center at the winner's alma mater. Second place gets $250, and third place walks away with $100.
The contest begins May 3, 2010, and ends June 30, 2010.
How to Enter
- Create an artistic, 1-2 minute video that answers at least one of these questions:
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
- How do you prepare for an interview?
- What's the scariest part of life after college?
- We're looking for poems, dances, songs, paintings, skits, or whatever else you can come up with.
- Upload the video to YouTube as a "Viewer's Response" to Pongo Resume's contest video.
- Include some way to contact you, such as email address, phone number, or Twitter handle.
- Check out this video for more info.
- Pongo's judges will grade all video entries on creativity, originality, quality, and thumbs up/thumbs down comments on YouTube.
- Keep it clean. Sorry, but we'll have to disqualify you if there's any vulgarity or nudity.
Winners will be announced on July 9, 2010 on The Pongo Blog!
Meanwhile, check The Pongo Blog each Monday and Wednesday in May and June for posts that offer timely advice on preparing resumes, succeeding in job interviews, and other issues you'll face as you transition from the classroom to the workplace.
Congratulations on earning your degree. And best of luck in your job search!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- All entrants must be 18 years or older.
- Must be graduating college in 2010.
- Open only to residents of U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Only one entry per person.
- No purchase necessary.
- We will not contact you as a result of your participation unless you are a prize winner.
- Once a video is submitted, Pongo Resume holds the right to use the video in whatever way they would like (in agreement with YouTube's Terms of Service).
- All decisions of Pongo Resume shall be final.
- Allow 2 to 4 weeks for prizes to arrive. Prizes returned as undeliverable will be forfeited.
- Employees of Pongo Resume and Synthenet Corporation are not eligible to participate.
Ready To Jump Start Your Job Search?