A lot of people use Twitter for fun, whether to spy on celebrities or keep tabs on friends and family on one simple site. Hopefully you're already following the Pongo Resume tweets, but you can also get a ton of great career advice from other sources on Twitter. If you're searching for a new job or trying to navigate the one you have, there are hundreds of career professionals tweeting every day with one purpose: To help you manage and advance your career!
Here's a list of 20 of our favorite Tweeple who offer great tips, advice, and links for job seekers and career professionals, alike. Check them out and follow the ones you like. You can never have too much good advice!
- jacobshare: Job search expert, professional blogger, creative thinker, community builder with a sense of humor.
- jtodonnell: Founder of Careerealism.com, syndicated columnist, author, blogger, strategist for all things career-related.
- scotherrick: Owner of Cube Rules, LLC, a company providing professional business consulting and on-line career training.
- lruettimann: Punk Rock Human Resources, career advice, and cats.
- thejobsguy: Online recruiting and job search resources. New job postings everyday. Connections to jobs through recruitment marketing.
- GLHoffman: JobDig and LinkUp, author of www.digyourjob.com and What Would Dad Say.
- askamanager: Real-world advice from a manager who can explain what your own manager is thinking.
- workinggirl: Has had more jobs than most. Maybe more than you. In fact, she’s had 59 jobs over 40 years in 22 cities and 4 countries.
- AnitaBruzzese: Syndicated columnist/author/editor, 45 Things.
- JobHuntOrg: Online job search expert, owner of Job-Hunt.org, award-winning employment portal w/12,091 links to employers, career and job search resources, since 1996.
- alisondoyle: About.com job search guide, job searching / career expert, author, consultant.
- heatherhuhman: Helping Gen Y find internships and entry-level jobs through my Examiner.com column and e-books.
- jasonalba: JibberJobber.com developer. Interests include job search, career management, recruiting, resume writing, personal branding.
- lindseypollak: Speaker, blogger, author of Getting from College to Career, career contributor for ABC News on Campus, cupcake lover.
- danschawbel: The leading personal branding expert for Gen-Y. Author of Me 2.0, blogger, speaker, publisher, and social media specialist at EMC.
- JobAngels: The jobangels movement, created to simply help one person find a job!
- Interviewcoach: Providing interview tips and help to perfect your own interview answers.
- MomsToWork: A group of moms writing about motherhood and work, from managing your career to finding work while raising a family.
- gradversity: Helping new grads find entry level jobs.
- QuintCareers: Comprehensive career site, empowering people to career and job success.
We know there are many more than we've listed here, so please let us know who your personal favorite career Tweeple are!